Sunday, December 6, 2015

Sparkster for Super Nintendo.

http://panelmonkey.org/html/sparkster-snes.html
http://panelmonkey.org/html/sparkster-snes.html

This sprite sheet caused me some heart burn. You see the sprites sheets as originally seen on The People's Sprites were all Transparent GIFs or PNGs. I change that because there is no telling how a paint program will react.


Here's what the Sparkster sheet looks like when opened in MS Paint or Paint Shop Pro.


For some reason it comes up as 0,0,0, black. I have no way if that was intended, but it's not good. You never ever want to use 0 black as a background or in a sprite. Same as 255 white. It will screw you up in the long run. (You can use 255 white as a background, please not in the sprite.)

To fix this I open the sheet up in Paint Shop Pro and deleted the background. I then copied the sprites and open the sheet up MS Paint, Ctrl+A, delete, flood fill purple, and pasted the sprites in. Finally I used the maximum magnification to see if the background has shown through any of the sprites.

Normally I would take screen shots of the sprite sheet in Windows Photo Viewer; but the same background color used in it was used in Sparkster's sprite.

I did miss one detail. Turns out Ace_Spark used black font on the tag. So it was deleted when the black background was deleted. I discovered the mistake before writing up this post and fixed it. That was a pain in the butt. About a dozen screen shots of Windows Photo Viewer is what it took to find the proper font size.

No comments:

Post a Comment