Monday, January 11, 2016

Japan is as schizo about censorship as America.

I recently watched a YouTube video about how Nintendo censored many video games back in the day when they were imported from Japan to America and still do. It went on and on about how this is bad and how dare anyone mess with the artists' original intent.

I could go on and on about the reasons why the North American market tends to be more conservative about nudity and cursing on TV, but I won't, it'll be too boring. Instead I'll post two screen shots of a fairly popular anime. How popular is it? You can buy the soundtracks on the American version of iTunes. These screen shots I think proves the point made in the title of this post.


Why tuck, fold, and constantly change the length of a skirt if she is wearing shorts underneath?  I do thank the animators of Yuru Yuri for NOT ever giving us panty shots of 13 year old girls.

Though I have to wonder that even accounting for the fact that Yuru Yuri is satire on the yuri genre, why was it ever necessary for a woman to put her sisters panties on her head.

No comments:

Post a Comment